Thursday 30 May 2013

Finally!

Finally! 

The day had arrived.

After many months, many emails, ideas, planning and organisation by the family, the day had arrived.  Katie and Robert's wedding day.  It had rained on and off all week, causing us no end of concern for their day.  When I woke on Saturday the 25th of May 2013 the skies were blue, and clear of menacing rain clouds.
I was so excited I could barely contain myself.



Brett went outside to potter in the garden, and we let the cluckens out to forage for the morning.  It was rather cold though, so I quickly went back inside to warm up.  I started dragging clothes, make up and shoes from the wardrobe, packed a bag, generally cleaned and organised.  I decided to start getting ready as I wanted to be stress free, so I gave myself as much time as possible.  I hummed away while happily putting on my new clothes.  The first set of nice clothes since my weight loss mission had begun.  (23kg over 12 months. YAY!)  I had promised myself I wouldn't buy any new clothes until after I was finished.  It isn't everyday however your close friends get married.  I was happy to be putting on nice new clothes that fit me well, time flew by as I hummed away, put on make up and did my hair.  Brett came in from the cold and put on his nice new shirt as well.


Outside waiting for us was a Luxurious Toyota Century. A big beautiful car we borrowed from our friend Norbie, (we had only just sold ours *sadface*) he kindly let us borrow it so we could drive the bride to her wedding.  It is a big, comfortable car.  The hour drive to Brisbane seemed to take forever I was so excited and anxious to get to the hotel.   All the way I was messaging Katie, hoping the preparations we going well and that she would make it to the hotel on time.


 Katie and Charmaine arrived, we went upstairs to the room, opened a bottle of Moet to let the giggles unfold.  We chatted for a while, Charmaine and I taking photos of everything in sight.  


Katie did her own makeup, next we started the process of dressing her.  The skirt was beautiful in a lovely shade of purple ( which for some reason only photographs blue!) Her corset top was exquisite.  Luckily I have a bit of experience with corsets having owned a few over the years which meant I was very confident she would easily be arranged into it. Slowly we tied her into it.  She looked gorgeous, not that there was ever any doubt.



Time flew, the Moet bottle emptied and our smiles grew bigger as Brett arrived to collect us.  We slid her in the back, drove off slowly, with Devin Townsend’s Addicted album on the stereo we threaded through the traffic heading for her home, where the ceremony was to take place in the gardens.


 We were early, most unusual for a bride ready before everyone else.  It was suggested we go to a nearby park to take some photos while waiting for everyone else to be ready for us, which was an awesome idea.  We got some lovely pictures of Katie in front of a Native Frangipani.  I think we were only there 15 minutes or so before we got the phone call.

















Back into the car, then straight into the driveway of her house.  Her parents and family were waiting.  Her dad looked so happy and proud as he opened the car door.  Her mum exclaimed how pretty she looked, and her brother beamed with delight. A few quick photos and then in we went.

The ceremony was brief and beautiful, many people struggled to hold back a tear.  Family photos were held out the front, then the festivities began.  I chatted happily with many people, the food was amazing, they all did a wonderful job.  The evening ceremony and celebrations were perfect.  A lovely night.






Brett and I stayed at my mum's house that night.(Thanks Mum!). I must say I enjoyed the celebrations a little more than Brett had and as such have little recollection of conversation before we went to bed.  Sunday I awoke at 4.45am, thanks very much internal body clock


I was a little worse for wear so we continued to snooze until later in the morning.  Once everyone was awake we went to the coffee club for a big greasy breakfast.  It was much needed.  All in all a great weekend.  I wish the happy couple a wonderful honeymoon tripping around Europe for 6 weeks.  (I am very jealous). I can barely wait for them to be back, it is going to be a dull few weeks for me.

No comments: